A brief overview of Baserow
Baserow is an open source no-code database platform that helps you manage data, people, and workflows. Use it to create custom databases and applications without any coding skills. It supports real-time collaboration, workflow automation, streamlined data management, and ultimate flexibility and extensibility.
Reasons to consider Baserow in your no-code stack
Freedom to create
Baserow empowers you to shape your business future on your terms, without the need for technical expertise. Baserow’s open-source platform liberates you from vendor lock-in. Take control of your work and your data by self-hosting. Experience the freedom to build and create without compromise.
- Using open source is a risk mitigation strategy, since you’re not locked into a single vendor, as you are with proprietary SaaS tools/platforms. This removes the concern over what happens to your data. Specific feature requirements can be added and created without waiting for the vendor.
- Self-hosted: Run on your servers, so that you’re always in control of your data.
- MIT software license is the most permissive open source license there is.
- Collaborative data platform unleashes data from silos.
Flexibility to scale
Tailor your setup to your needs: whether it’s cloud or self-hosted options, starting with easy-to-adapt templates or freestyling gives you limitless creativity. Build and scale your tech stack with deep integrations powered by Baserow’s API-first approach. Baserow trusts you to experiment boldly with your data's potential and scale at your own pace. Break boundaries, explore possibilities, embrace true flexibility.
- Create from scratch, or use templates out-of-the-box. Structure your tech stack however it suits you.
- Baserow supports huge volumes of data for growth. There’s no barrier to your innovation.
- API-first: Create deep integrations. Flex with the future. There’s no need to rip out legacy systems—instead, integrate with and build around them. Or, develop a fully composable stack if you prefer.
- Experiment with your data.
- Integrations with n8n, Make, and Zapier as well as native automations in Baserow.
- Adapt to any use case / size of business.
Take control of your work with confidence. With Baserow’s user-friendly experience, rigorous security and intuitive UI, you get all the tools you need to be completely self-sufficient. No technical expertise or onboarding investment required.
If you do need support or to test a proof of concept, the Baserow team is only a message away. With Baserow’s commitment to security, customer support, and ease-of-use, you can nurture and own your best work—fearlessly.
- Great user experience and customer-centric approach.
- Familiar, spreadsheet-like UI
- Templates help to get started quickly, clear tutorials, and step-by-step guides
- Start for free and pay only when you have experienced the value and need more features
- Collaborative developer community, which the CEO and founder is very active on. Test your proof-of-concept with Baserow.
What can you accomplish with Baserow?
Databases are at the core of any application. With Baserow, you can build virtually anything. Here are some popular use cases:
- Create a flexible project tracking and task management system
- Keep track of email marketing and advertising campaigns
- Create a content management system (CMS)
- Build a product roadmap
- Prepare for a product launch
- Store and manage your brand assets
- Create a repository of blog posts
- Create a content scheduling manager
- Plan a business conference or other event
- Track business expenses
- Stay updated on investment-related finances
- Create a budget for yourself, team, or business
- Use it as a store catalogue
- Create a full-scale inventory management system
- Manage real estate property showings, leases, tenants, vendors, and maintenance requests
- Build an employee directory
- Prepare for job interviews, job applications, and applications
- Create a new-hire onboarding plan
- Manage freelancers and vendors
- Designate and analyze performance reviews
- Build a booking/scheduling system
- Create a customer relationship management (CRM) platform
- Manage an entire restaurant business
- Gather UX and customer experience feedback/research
And much, much more. Your imagination is the limit.
Top features of Baserow
- Open source: Self-hosted and on-premise to meet even the strictest of data and legal compliance needs.
- Customizable: The database application can be made to fit unique business needs.
- Real-time collaboration: To share database applications with a team.
- Data management: Streamlined data management processes with data stored securely in one central location.
- Automation: Automated workflows and reduced manual data entry.
- Better decision-making: Data-driven decisions supported by holding data in one place for analysis.
- Scalable: Baserow can handle large amounts of data and can be scaled to meet the needs of the growing business.
- Integrations: Baserow integrates with popular tools such as Zapier, Make, n8n, and others, to connect it with other business apps.
- Time-saving: Reduces manual data entry and streamlines the data management process.